+ contact us

Copyright © 2006-2013 Plans People  |  All Rights Reserved
18 Allendale Cres Studley B80 7PX  |  T 01527 452593  |  F 01527 452593  |  E info@planspeople.info
Last updated April 3, 2013   |  Terms of Use
 |  Site Map

The Party Wall Act came into force on 1 July 1996 and applies throughout England and Wales. It provides a framework for preventing and resolving disputes in relation to party walls, boundary walls and excavations near neighbouring buildings.

Anyone intending to carry out work of the kinds described in the Act must give adjoining owners notice of their intentions.

If you can not get written agreement from your neighbours you will need to employ the services of a party wall surveyor. We will, of course, arrange this on your behalf.

Further advice is available from your Local Authority or you can read the Party Wall Explanatory Booklet on the Department for Communities and Local Government website.

• The Party Wall Act provides a framework for preventing and resolving disputes between neighbours during the building work

• Written approval is needed from your neighbours, otherwise a party wall surveyor will be needed

Click here to visit the Government website for further details

• Plans People are not responsible for the content of external websites


Homeowners-The Party Wall Act
+ home page
+ planning
+ building regulations
+ the party wall act
+ useful links
Plans People Logo